What is JSON and JSON Schema?
- JSON is a simple, extensible data format
- JSON Schema is a language for expressing the format and content rules for JSON instances
- JSON is an ECMA standard
- JSON Schema is in the process of becoming an IETF standard
Benefits of JSON and JSON Schema?
- JSON is simple (just 7 types) but can be assembled to create any level of complexity you desire
- JSON Schema is a standard way of expressing the grammar of JSON instances
- Since JSON and JSON Schemas are text documents, you can send them around, transform them, mine them, store them, just like any other highly structured text document
Want to Learn More?
Here is a complete course (slides, examples, and labs): JSON and JSON Schema for XML Developers (zip file, ~ 2.6 MB)
Here is just the Powerpoint slides Powerpoint Slides for JSON and JSON Schema for XML Developers