What is EXI?
- EXI stands for Efficient XML Interchange. It is commonly known as "binary XML"
- EXI enables you to operate on XML without being aware that you are using a much smaller binary-formatted XML
- EXI is a W3C recommendation
Benefits of EXI?
- EXI avoids the bloatedness of text-formatted XML
- Applications can generate EXI directly and can operate on EXI directly, without first converting to text-formatted XML
- You can validate a binary-formatted XML document in the same way you validate a text-formatted XML document
Want to Learn More?
Here is my Tutorial on EXI (zip file, ~ 7.5 MB)